Friday, February 10, 2012

Walk-a-Thon and Next Week

Dear Room 5 Families,

There were a couple of things I wanted to share with you in preparation for next week:

The Walk-a-Thon
I am a strong believer in free public education, and I am not big on asking for donations.  That said, I want you to know these things about the Walk-a-Thon fundraiser.

1.  All of the money raised by the Walk-a-Thon goes to TPES Foundation.

2.  The TPES Foundation pays for our school art teacher, Mrs. Yzaguirre and our school music teacher, Ms. Tang.  Without the foundation there would be no art or music instruction outside of the work I do in Room 5.

3.  The TPES Foundation also pays for our P.E. teacher Coach Sergio.  Without the foundation I would be responsable for all P.E. lessons.

4.  The TPES Foundation pays for extra classroom teachers to lower class sizes for all classes.  Without their intervention class sizes across the school would be higher--more students in every classroom.

5.  The TPES Foundation pays for our school technology aide and the school's website.

Much of what make TPES special is the result of our strong parent foundation.  I think they are struggling a bit this year in terms of fundraising.

Please bring book pouches on Monday 2/13

I didn't do a good job last week helping students switch out their books.  Additionally I want all students to get a good set of books in place, especially with that four day weekend coming up.  Even if they don't need to change books right now, please have all students bring in their pouch.

Valentine's Day Cards

I am expecting students to bring in valentines for every Room 5 student on Tuesday.  I sent home a list of students about a month ago.  Remember, no candy or food this year.

Thank you, have a good weekend,
James Luxon

No comments:

Post a Comment