Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome Letter

Dear Room 5 Families,

Welcome to Room 5 and second grade!  I look forward to getting to know you and your children throughout the year.  Many of you know me as a Torrey Pines kindergarten teacher, this year I am truly excited to have joined the second grade team.

Daily Folders
This week I will give each Room 5 student a daily folder.  These blue and clear plastic folders need to come to school every day with your child.  I want each student to have this folder for the rest of the year, so homework and other information can make it home safely.  There is no homework at this time, but I will have some information to send home this first week.  Your student also needs a backpack big enough to carry this folder.

Parent Survey
I have also sent home a parent information survey.  Please get it back to me this week.  Thank you in advance.

Contacting Me
Always feel free to contact me with any question or concerns you have.  You can approach me in person before or after school or send a note in your student’s folder.  You also can email me, or leave me a voice mail at 858-453-2323 extension 205.  

Letters like this one will go home every Monday, though I may begin sending them online.

Welcome to Room 5,

James Luxon 

No comments:

Post a Comment